[aprssig] New VT Digi - KB1LYU-3 (Sugrabush Mtn.)

Brian Riley brianbr at mac.com
Thu Sep 22 10:41:56 EDT 2005

Thanks to the efforts of Jonathan, KB1LYU, with a bit of telephone
and email guidance from myself, we now have a "new paradigm"
compliant  (S-type) KPC3+ digipeater up on Sugarbush Mountain. For
sure, it has added coverage to at least a 40 mile stretch of I-89
from Montpelier south towards New Hampshire and indeed overlaps some
in the lower end of I-89 the peek-a-boo coverage of K1JY-2 in NH
(which for now is all but useless over the vast region it commands,
as it does not support WIDEN-N)

Coverage to the West is unknown right now due to limited APRS
activity through that area. But I am leaving tomorrow to drive down
to NJ to my son's wedding and will give it a shake.

Skiers take note, the location gives HT coverage to most of the Mad
River Valley up Route 100 from Grandville Gulf to Waterbury,
including Sugarbush, Sugarbush North (former Glen Ellen), Mad River
Glen.

As I said the TNC is a KPC3+, the  radio is 5 watts (at that height
we didn't dare use more, as it is, he is most often copied direct by
the igate in Montreal)

Thank you to Jonathan for this service to our community.

cheers ... 73 de brian  riley, n1bq, underhill center, vermont
   <n1bq at wulfden.org>