[aprssig] Help setting up Kenwood D700A

Vic Fraenckel victorf at windreader.com
Thu Sep 15 15:00:29 EDT 2005

Doug,

you wrote:
>I got the basic AprsPoint/Kenwood D700a help file setup. It's not pretty
>since i'm on a backup machine but check it out and see if it helps. I'll
>have more to post in the next few days. http://www.kd4moj.org  It's on my
>DSL line so it make take a few for the graphics to load.

Thanks for the heads up.

 I am with you in all respects for the information on you site. I am of the opinion that I will never get APRSPoint2004 running on my Dell Inspiron. I can use my fallback Thinkpad 770 with a real serial port. I suspect that the Dell is messing up the serial datastream going to AP2004. Michael claims it will work with a Serial => USB converter, but I see not evidence of that. My converters work with my terminal program where I can see the APRS packets.

Vic

Victor Fraenckel - The Windman
victorf ATSIGN windreader DOT com
KC2GUI