[aprssig] Help setting up Kenwood D700A

Herb Gerhardt hgerhardt at wavecable.com
Wed Sep 14 13:59:39 EDT 2005

I have not read all the previous messages on this subject but if you have
BCON turned on which I presume you do since you made it out at least once,
then there are two more things to check:

1.	What are you using for a transmitting path?  Hopefully WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1
and your local area has changed to these new settings.  I am not familiar
with your area but if they have changed to the new Paradigm settings and you
have not, then your tracker will only be heard if a station that has not
changed to the new settings hears your tracker directly.

2.	Another problem that has bagged me a few times is that if your squelch is
turned too low and the radio is wide open, then it will not transmit!  So
make sure the black dot on the squelch is set higher than the normal
background noise in your area.  The D700 will only transmit after it hears a
quiet spot.

Herb, KB7UVC
NW APRS Group, West Sound Coordinator
Our WEB Site:  http://www.nwaprs.info