[aprssig] ISS & PCSAT Orbits

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Sep 13 20:56:22 EDT 2005

>> Remember, unattended beacons via PCSAT2
>> are not authorized (without permission etc..).
>
>Yeah, I read that.  Being as I DON'T have a
>Receiver of any type for that band, I wouldn't
>exactly know if I was even making the trip anyway.

Yes, you could by checking any of the APRS
internet sites.  Since the dowlnink is being received
by multiple satgates and fed into the APRS-IS.

So if you are traveling in an area that has no
terrestrial APRS tracking infrastructure, then feel
free to uplink your position and status via PCSAT2
from anywhere in the world....

de WB4APR