[aprssig] Using RELAY or WIDE1-1 in a path

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Sat Sep 10 20:34:55 EDT 2005

A link from there leads to
http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs/relayFIX.txt

Where it's stated (in part):
"WARNING:  However, like anything, the setting can be abused.  Just like
RELAY, users should never use WIDE1-1 anywhere except the first hop in a
path.
Just like RELAY was never used beyond the first hop, because it keys up all
of the fill-in-digis at once."

The "wars" have been fought and ended some time back, and now it's clearly
time for us to all implement the new paradigm for the benefit of all the
users.

73, Cap KE6AFE