[aprssig] RE: Single Board PC

Tyson S. timbercutter at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 23:52:45 EDT 2005

So how do these work anyway? Bob beat me to the punch, I was just about
to send the exact same question to the group about how to find one of
these units. I have access to a 5,000 foot tall mountain with broadband
Internet at the site free of charge for me to use. I would like to put
up a server for multiple things just like Bob wants to do. I see the
MSI P4MAM2-V at newegg as Shanon describes and that looks plenty cheap
for a ham, but does it need a hard drive? can it run on a 12v battery?
once I configure it, can I unplug the keyboard, mouse and monitor and
have it sit there and run all by itself? Please forgive the simple
questions, but these things sound too good to be true.