[aprssig] RE: Single Board PC

Noel Shrum ar798 at tcnet.org
Fri Sep 9 19:54:33 EDT 2005

KC2MMi wrote:
> Tyler-
>

>>Can anyone point to a source of single-
>>board PC's with 2 serial ports, and sound
>>card that comes with WIndows
>

> Probably not. Serial ports have officially been obsoleted by all the major
> vendors.

I'm sorry, but you have got it all wrong.

Its really easy to find all sorts of motherboards including ITX boards
with serial ports.  A lot of them come with two.

The place where it is hard to find serial ports are on laptops.
You have to get a big "desktop replacement" laptop to get serial ports
on one.

I have a P3 laptop (Dell Insprion 8000) that has a serial port.
Dell is still selling them with serial ports.

I remember it was back in '98 when they were wanting to get rid of all
serial ports as "no one ever uses them anymore".

Noel
W8TVI