[aprssig] Single Board PC

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Sat Sep 3 14:02:02 EDT 2005

Bob, I have an Eden 500mhz mini itx PC running as a server at my house,
and haven't had a lick of trouble out of it.  It has a small case from
axion-tech.com that has a 12v supply built in.  I can't recall exactly,
but seems like it draws little more than 1 amp running windows.  A word
of caution about the power supply though... it has _no_ 12v regulation,
so if you were to run it from the cigarette plug in a car, you could
apply 16volts to your HDD's 12v buss.

The eden MB only has one serial port, but you can easily add a USB
serial for $16 from usbmax.com, or use the PCI layover riser card that
comes with the axiontech case and add a pci serial card.

http://www.mini-box.com/s.nl/sc.8/category.99/it.A/id.212/.f

http://www.axiontech.com/prdt.php?item=47698

http://www.usbmax.com/U232-P9_DB-9_Serial__Adapter_High_Speed_230K_USB_SERIAL_RS-232_.cfm

Wes