[aprssig] MFJ1274 as a NEWn-N digi?

Brad [VE3BSM] lists.nospam at bpsmicro.com
Thu Sep 8 11:01:59 EDT 2005

Are you a member of the UIDIGI Yahoo Group?  If not you should join as I
believe the information you want is there in the 'DataBase' section of the
group.  Looking at the info there it appears if this is a 1274C, then you
would treat it the same as a MFJ1270C.  You will see that I have provided
instructions for the 1270C (see the author line for N5IN).  I also have
additional information in the Files section of that site on this subject.

If it is an earlier model (such as a 1274 or 1274B --- I am guessing there
may have been such), then it's likely that you would follow the instructions
for the MFJ1270B, which information is also in the DataBase section of the
UIDIGI group.  I have just a few 1270B's in the field, and my recollection
was that you only have to replace the MFJ firmware chip with the UIDIGI
firmware and its ready to roll.  But again the details are on the UIDIGI
Yahoo Group.
<<

I'm a member now, and did plenty of reading. I don't yet have physical
access to the TNC, however the guy who owns it programmed the ROM, stuck it
in and it booted right up. He specifically referred to it several times as
the 1274 (no A, B or C) and I'm sure he would have if it had a letter.
I'm not sure if the fact it booted is enough, or whether we'll know for sure
once it's attached to a radio.

For the other TNC, I was specifically told it's an unlettered 1270.