[aprssig] APRS being integrated into weather radar application

Tyler Allison tyler at allisonhouse.com
Wed Sep 7 16:37:10 EDT 2005

I'm not trying to post a commercial for my company. I just thought APRS
folks would like to know that APRS (specifically the APRS-IS) is being
utilized to provide APRS/CWOP weather information to weather radar users.

APRS tracking is being added soon which will allow storm chasers/mobile
spotters to be located by home bases or NWS offices if they are carrying
APRS trackers. (actually request for this feature is coming from an NWS
office). [See previous thread about D700 / tracker questions]

If you'd like to read more about it http://nexrad.allisonhouse.com/aprs.php

And lastly is there a "donation fund" for the APRS-IS folks? My company
would like to give back to the community. We don't sell the data,
obviously, but we do use it to the benefit of our customers.

Thanks!

-Tyler

--
"Some people dream of success, while other people live to crush those
dreams." - Despair.com