[aprssig] Auto QSY feature.

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Sep 7 14:03:53 EDT 2005

Yes,
We have been pushing the "auto frequency
beacon" idea is since 1998 when we first got the
D7 and D700.  We wanted the STATUS text to
contain the actual frequency of the Band B.
THis way not only can the human see what other
frequency the user is on, but we can make radios
and software that can auto-QSY in response...
just as you have noted....

In fact, someone should be able to write a clever
PIC processor to do it for existing D700's.
The PIC just queries the radio periodically for
the BANDB frequency, and then writes that
into the APRS status text.  This could just be
a dongle hanging off the radio's serial port.

Bob