[aprssig] APRS Voice Alert

Andy AB9FX ab9fx at aprs.pl
Wed Sep 7 11:37:04 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "A.J. Farmer (AJ3U)" <farmer.aj at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 10:03
Subject: Re: [aprssig] APRS Voice Alert

Voice alert is a good concept and it works with minimal interruption.
I use it while mobile and it has allowed me to make a couple of
contacts on long trips that I otherwise wouldn't have.

I think, Voice Alert is good only on long trips. Meanwhile in very APRS
active area, I turned it off, because some APRS stations send their packet
with the subtone and is not very pleased for my ears. From time to time I
hear packet transmission instead of voice calling.
73!
Andy AB9FX