[aprssig] TM-D700A question

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Sep 5 17:38:02 EDT 2005

>You can have 2 frequencies at the same time
>but if you... use APRS, one of those will be the
>APRS frequency. It only will work on 2 frequencies
>at a time, not 3.

Though (sounding like a broken record here), it will
support 3 simultaneous "functions"..  that is:

1) APRS on 144.39 on Band A 100%
2) Band B on any frequency (except 118 Aircraft)
3) Voice Alert CTCSS 100 on Band A 100%

Your friends or strangers can always find you
if they are in simlex range by calling you on 144.39
with PL 100.  And it is great on the open road
where if you get within a few miles of another
Voice alert station, you will hear his pings.  Its
like a free radar function...

Bob

Bob
N1WJO