[aprssig] Duplexer or Diplexer

Keith Kotch kkotch at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 5 10:00:23 EDT 2005

I'm posting this question here because it pertains to being about to run
completely separate APRS system and voice radio.

Scenario:  Dual-band mobile and separate 2m mobile with tnc.

Can a duplexer/diplexer be built (or is one available) that would allow both
radio systems to be hooked up to one dual-band antenna?  The dual-band
radios with one antenna lead has a built-in duplexer.  Is that where the
problem would occur trying to coordinate another duplexer?

What I'd like to be able to do is run the dual-band for voice, most likely
in cross-band repeat mode on occasion, while being able to run the
APRS/packet radio at the same time being able to receive on VHF/UHF and VHF
packet at the same time.

I don't know if it's truly a duplexer/diplexer needed or some way to prevent
other radios from getting fried during transmit of one.

Keith, KF4BXT