[aprssig] 50 Ways...

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sun Sep 4 13:38:15 EDT 2005

Larry K0ANI wrote on 04/09/2005

> [Larry Cerney] I love Paul Simon and the song, but this doesn't address
> very well the plight of the poor and immobile and infirm. Paul's song
> was about leaving a lover, not leaving what little you had in the world
> with no money in your pocket.  Not everyone can load up their SUV with
> $50 worth of gas, drive 300 miles and check in to a five star hotel with
> their gold American Express card. Hindsight just isn't appropriate here.
> Don't blame the victims. There's plenty of blame to go around.  Let's
> help the living first.

The "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" song has always been a favourite of
mine too, but also thought that it was in poor taste in the context that the
original writer used on the list. However, I should keep my mouth shut so
that writer doesn't think that I was just another "Canadian telling him how
to interpret US Amateur regulations, and sticking his nose into places it
didn't belong."

Let's get back to APRS.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH