[aprssig] some fun....

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Sun Sep 4 13:28:27 EDT 2005

> Bob B. is perpetually saying that for many people, the
> internet has made aprs into a video game... I think once he
> even called them "video voyeurs".  So it kinda tickled me to
> see this message on the xastir sig this morning:
>
> >Is it possible to use xastir on a xbox ?

I tried that once.  If you press UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT,
RIGHT, B, A, you can unlock a secret video of Bob Bruninga admonishing you
for not using APRS for LOCAL, TACTICAL purposes!  =]

Seriously, it'd be kind of neat to run it on an xbox, but if I needed cheap
stations for an EOC I'd probably just deploy the old HDS Viewstation
x-terminals I've got piled up in the garage.

Scott
N1VG