[aprssig] APRS Activity in New Orleans

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Sep 4 11:52:12 EDT 2005

Lastly, and I hope I can phrase this properly so that
it meets all of the concerns that have been expressed.

If anyone IS going into the area with the proper
authority to operate APRS, and does need to get
his packets to the APRS-IS, then such persons
should consider changing their path to:

   VIA WIDE2-1,WIDE2-1

This 2 hop path will get 2 hops via the downtown
digi AND will also work anywhere else too.  The
W5UK-9 digi WILL digipeat the first entry, and will
do callsign substitution, then the packet will go
one more hop as intended, because of the second
entry.

WARNING, the common path of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1
will NOT work in downtown N.O. because the W5UK-9
one-hop digi does not have WIDE1-1 in its alias list.

de Wb4APR