[aprssig] REF: Belkin USB> Serial Adaptor

Matthew Stennett wa4tkg at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 4 11:51:41 EDT 2005

Despite what you may hear about Belkin products:

I have a Belkin Serial > < USB adapter; model:
"F5U103MAC ".
Although it DOES have its' problems, mine works just
FINE
with the Macintosh computer I have
(1st generation iMac; DV 400Mhz 1GB RAM).
I can NOT boot up the computer with the USB wire
plugged in, or it will NOT function.
AFTER your computer is booted, THEN try plugging
in the USB adapter, and see how it responds.
Hopefully this is not too much trouble for you,
and the port where you plug into is easily
accessible.
I chock this up to NO UPDATED DRIVERS for OS X
for the USB adaptor.
No doubt there is a problem with the device and XP's
OS.