[aprssig] Generators and LPG Conversion (was APRS in NOLA)

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Sat Sep 3 13:42:40 EDT 2005

> We have designed a device that does just that.
> It was designed for a solar digipeater site we had.
>
> The device called SiteAlert monitors Battery Voltage,
> Temperature and Traffic count. It transmits these values
> every 30 minutes as APRS telemetry which can be graphed on findu.

The OpenTracker does some of that as well, with a little creativity.  The
temperature and battery voltage telemetry is standard, and the counter is
just a generic TTL-level edge-sensitive input, with either no reset or reset
on every transmission.  It has a low voltage inhibit to keep itself from
transmitting, and you can also control an output line based on temperature,
voltage, or another digital input, so you could use that output to control
the digipeater.

I know there's at least one solar repeater site using an OpenTracker for
monitoring, but I can't find the link now.  There's no graphing on FindU yet
since it sends it telemetry (for now anyway) in a non-standard format.  I
hope to have an alternative soon.

Scott, N1VG
http://n1vg.net/opentracker