[aprssig] ENOUGH ALREADY!

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Sat Sep 3 10:44:31 EDT 2005

Rich, I too have been actively involved with the support efforts and
have been involved for _many_ years in emergency management.  I am
speaking from that experience.

> the NE and several Hurricanes here in the SE, those who are
> in "response mode" now are not reading a mailing list! No one
> in the effected area is listening they are responding in the
> way they were trained or in any way that they can. Things
> will change in the future but they are not going to change
> now, I have seen plenty of instances of where APRS would be
> VERY useful but fact is that they are in survival mode still
> almost 1 week later. The little bit of on-scene amateur
> activity right now is voice probably and it's what they need
> the MOST, other fancy modes I am sure will follow as time goes on.

And this is EXACTLY what I posted.

> Everyone please step back take a breath and think for a
> moment. I am sure we have lost more than just a few "brothers
> and sisters" from the ham community, I am sure that those who
> survived have lost either all of their possessions or darn
> close to it. Let's keep them in our thoughts and prayers
> during not only this RESCUE phase but also during the coming
> months and years of rebuilding.

I 100% agree.  I also want to prevent misguided well-wishers from
interfering with the ongoing emergency operations.  This was the
original intent of my posts and has been consistent in my posts
throughout.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net