[aprssig] APRS in Disaster area

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Fri Sep 2 07:51:49 EDT 2005

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!  Anyone being sent to the affected area: Do as you
are instructed by the authorities sending you!  Just what we need, a
bunch of APRS stations all digipeating and beaconing so nothing gets
through rendering it useless.  If you are asked to provide APRS support,
let the amateurs in charge know what your capabilities are and let THEM
determine what you should do.

> SET VOICE ALERT!!!  That means turn

If you are sent into the affected area (don't even think about going if
you haven't been directly requested by officials to go), you are there
to do a job, not to chit-chat with someone else there trying to do a
job.  Folks, this is an emergency situation and will be for the
foreseeable future.  If you have questions about what is being asked of
amateur volunteers, take a look at
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2005/08/31/101/?nc=1 and
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2005/09/01/2/?nc=1

73,