[aprssig] New Orleans APRS digi still on the air

David Odom dodom at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 2 06:51:58 EDT 2005

> Are there any major drawbacks besides the lower energy density of the
> fuel?
>
> Scott
> N1VG

I have been in the communications business for 40 years and in my opinion
natural gas or propane are the best fuel available for emergency generators.
1)  No problems with fuel quality.  It does not go bad or grow algie
2)  It is clean burning with no soot or residue to gunk up the engine or
oil. Engines last longer with less maintenance.
3)  Natural gas is best since it is lighter than air and a leak if one
occurs disipates.  Propaine on the other hand is heaver than air and
collects in low places in case of a leak.
3)  Used by companies such as AIRINC for remote automatic start systems for
years.

W4VOR