[aprssig] aprs satellites?

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 05:48:25 EDT 2005

Actually, not that easy to hit with a 2.5W handie.  It only takes one or
two home or mobile based stations with 20/30W or more to totally deny
the ISS to any other users.  There is also some confusion as to the path
to use.  Some say use "ARISS,SGATE,WIDE"  Some say "CQ,RS0ISS-3"..

I can find I can hear the thing reliably for just about every pass where
it comes over the horizon, hear in the UK, but as yet I've not made one
single digi through it.  Even with 5W and a beam!   All I see on the
downlink, is the same three stations each pass.  One each from Germany,
Spain and Italy.

Cheers All...

Dave G0WBX.