[aprssig] How is APRS helping the hurricane grief stricken ar eas?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Sep 1 14:52:50 EDT 2005

Emergency operations
Digipeating via ISS with uplink on 145.99 might
work better.  I think there are more statinos
IGating there where the signals are much stronger
and little doppler comapred to PCSAT2 which is
10 dB less and on UHF and with 20 KHz doppler..

You would get data between about 7 PM till about 4 AM
but this is moving earlier every day by 23 minutes.

Bob

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Edwards, Chris wrote:

> we have it running on our communications unit to track them when they are
> driving around. but there are no igates so i havent seen them much

Sounds like an excellent excuse to use PCSat2, if Bob would give it
his blessing and the posit rate was reasonably low.  Wasn't the
input freq for that satellite on 2-meters?  Can't recall.