[aprssig] APRS Ocean Going Buoy

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) farmer.aj at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 19:41:03 EST 2005

I may be splitting hairs here, but something occured to me today.  If
you create an ocean going buoy with an APRS telemetry transmitter and
let it go off the U.S. east coast and you get really lucky and it
makes it all the way to Europe, what are the implications of the
transmissions as far as rules go?  In other words, if you are
transmitting with a U.S. FCC assigned callsign a couple of months
later your transmitter is on a beach in France or Spain, what then?
Are you in trouble for a rule violation, or praised that it actually
made it that far and the governments involved kindly look the other
way?

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com