[aprssig] Linksys NSLU2

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 31 13:23:56 EST 2005

Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:40:45 -0800
From: Bill WA7NWP <wa7nwp at jnos.org>
Subject: Re: [aprssig] New Paradigm configuration for UIDIGI - Revised

 > As of this year, the TNC-X with it's X-Digi piggyback board, and the AGW
 > microTNC, can also implement stand-alone n-N digipeaters, but the KPC3+
 > has been doing this for over 8 years.

And just recently the Linksys NSLU2 has beta software with AX25 packet.
   A fully open Linux box at about 1/2 the price of a KPC3+..

Bill

Of course, I don't think the NSLU2 has an audio interface(I suppose you
could use a USB sound card, or equivalent), so it doesn't support the modem
functionality of the KPC3+.  I suspect it also draws a bit more power than
a KPC3.

Nifty thing, though...

Jim, W6RMK