Manned Gas Balloon was [aprssig] Airborne APRS

Stan Coleman N0YXV n0yxv at gihams.org
Fri Oct 28 16:24:24 EDT 2005

Wow what a site it was to see on my APRS screen here in Central Nebraska. I
didn't even know the Manned Gas Balloon Race existed before I saw them on my
screen on a Sunday afternoon. At first I thought it was the small unmanned
type balloons but when I got to noticing more and more I figured it had to
be something else. Thanks to the comment lines in several of the packets I
was able to do some quick googling to find out what, when where and why.
Several of the balloons appeared to have landed not to far from me. It sure
is nice when people included email address and web pages in comment strings
so those of us not in the know can become educated fast.