[aprssig] Airborne APRS

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Fri Oct 28 14:10:37 EDT 2005

I was planning to take my D700; I have it mounted in/on a battery box with a
12Ah battery. So it could digi if needed. I have the D7 on my Christmas list;
I think the TH-D7 will be better if space is limited in the airplane. And
given that the balloon will not be moving at the point where the airplane is
searching for it, digi'ing is not too critical as the information can be
relayed via voice; or for that matter via transmitting an APRS object with the
coordinates of the balloon.

--
William McKeehan
KI4HDU