[aprssig] Airborne APRS

Kurt O. Jauss kf6hjo at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 28 13:19:33 EDT 2005

    I have used a D-7A/G while airborne in N6596Q and ALON Aircoupe.
Having the D7 attached to my Garmin 296 GPS, the D7 sends station
waypoints to the GPS and plots them on the screen of the GPS. Works
great. I have used an internal antenna but for long trips, we used the
antenna from the long removed Loran receiver. We trimmed the antenna a
bit. Not set on the sweet spot but was close!