[aprssig] Airborne APRS

Richard Amirault ramirault at erols.com
Fri Oct 28 13:04:07 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Bruninga"
Subject: Re: [aprssig] Airborne APRS
On the other hand, the D7 cannot digipeat,
 leaving the ground crew in the dark...
so I'd suggest any other TNC radio combo
(that can have the FULL DUP setting or DCD
Ignore setting).  Bob

But why get complicated?  Write down the lat/lon and then turn the D7 to a
voice freq and *tell* the ground crew where the balloon is at.  TRUE, they
would then have to program that lat/lon as a waypoint in their own GPS ..
but that would only take a minute.

Remember I don't think we are looking for the most elegant solution.  This
is not something that will be used every day, or even every week.

Richard Amirault              N1JDU
Boston, MA, USA          Go Fly A Kite