[aprssig] RE: USB GPS receiver

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Fri Oct 28 09:28:47 EDT 2005

web8ck at yahoo.com wrote:

>here is a link to the pic of my unit.  I can't find
>the box, so I don't have the manual handy.
>
>http://www.qsl.net/kc8bew/gps.htm
>fyi: It may take a few seconds to load.

.
Yep.   It a purely USB device without a removable/adaptable cable
assembly.   As I said in a previous post, this device WILL ONLY WORK
WITH A PC.

On a PC, a suitable software driver can make it look like a virtual
serial port for the benefit of programs such as APRS applications that
don't know how to talk to USB.        It will be totally unusable
directly with a non-PC serial-interfaced device like a TinyTrack, D700,
TNC, etc....

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.com

  http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/DigiPaths