[aprssig] what are the currently available inexpensive GPS suitable for APRS

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Oct 27 14:12:49 EDT 2005

> If someone has a web page that is maintained, this would be a real asset
> to the aprs community (and to folks who want to join the community)

Mods kind of depend on what you're connecting it to.  I carry the Deluo GPS
Lite, which is a non-WAAS unit with no display.  I pre-wire it with a DB9
for connection to an OpenTracker, TT3, or probably a KPC-3+ though I haven't
tested it.

http://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=10

The other one I'd recommend is the Garmin GPS-18.  I'd carry those, too, if
I could get a good deal on them.

Both units are cheap and should fill just about anyone's needs for a
headless GPS for APRS.  No hacking required, and readily available from many
sources.

Scott
N1VG