[aprssig] TMV-7A TO TNC HELP

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Oct 27 11:12:35 EDT 2005

Scott (no callsign given) wrote on Oct 27 2005

--===============0142583015==

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML =
DIR=3Dltr><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"></HEAD><BODY><DIV><FONT face=3D'Arial' =
color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Can anyone provide information on the setup for =
a Kenwood =0A= TMV-7A to a KPC-3. Specifically, the connection wiring
between the front = data =0A= port and the TNC. I can receive data and am
able to plot other mobile = and fixed =0A= stations, but I don't show up on
findu. The local path is still = Relay,Wide which =0A= is set. Can reply off
list if desired.Thanks.</FONT> /DIV>=0A= <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=
3D2><A =0A=href=3D"mailto:Swehlage at stlouisco.com">Swehlage at stloui
sco.com</A></FONT><= /DIV></BODY></HTML>

If you are heard direct by an IGate and your beacon contains a valid
position, you should show up at findu.com. However, if the IGate can't hear
you direct, you are dependant on being heard by a digipeater that will
respond to your path. RELAY is obsolete. WIDE is also obsolete. Both cause
lots of dupes. If you are in an area where there is a RELY digipeater, you
will be digipeated. If the RELAY digipeater can be heard by a digipeater
that responds to the obsolete WIDE, you will get digipeated again. If an
IGate can hear either of those digipeaters, you should show up on findu.com.

My suggestion would be to try WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 the new universally accepted
(in North America... assume from your email address that you are) path for
mobile stations. Because you didn't give your callsign, I couldn't check the
raw data at findu.com for your callsign. If you are more than two hops from
a digipeater, try WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 but unless you are the boonies, a two hop
path will work for most people. First step is to use a path compatible with
the APRS digis around you. If those digis still support the obsolete RELAY
and WIDE, try and contact the operators and suggest that they update their
settings.

Sorry - can't help you with the connection wiring.

To all - not just Scott - it would sure be nice if everyone on the list
would stick to using plain text format instead of HTML format for email
to the list.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH