[aprssig] Cudjoe Key

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Tue Oct 25 21:30:44 EDT 2005

On Oct 25, 2005, at 9:56 AM, AA3JY at Winlink.org wrote:

> Looking at the Weather Channel..Cudjoe Key had winds of 123 mph!
> Don't we know someone with a Penthouse on this List??

Yea, and the penthouse was the only part that was undamaged! My Peet
Bros U2k recorded a peak speed of 114 before the pole it was mounted
on snapped. The wire broke, so the anerometer that lived through 6
hours of hundred MPH winds with George in '98, and through three
other hurricanes this year is gone :-(

http://www.rocdocphoto.com/wilma/wilma.html

Amazing thing is the power came back in less than 48 hours, far
easier to  face the cleanup with power...

Steve K4HG