[aprssig] Transmitting data to a hot air balloon

keith allen ag4ac at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 23 10:05:55 EDT 2005

There is no rule against setting up a standard mobile weather stn on APRS
that all can receive.  There is no rule against the person on the balloon
having a receive only stn that can pick up this signal and display it.  The
problem only arises if you intend only that "non-amateur" stn to receive
the data.

F. Keith Allen,  AG4AC
President, CCERC
NM, St Clair ARES Nets
My cellphone is a HAM Radio.You want to talk to me, GET A LICENSE!