[aprssig] Re: KPC-3 8.2 settings

Arte Booten n2zrc at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 22 16:35:15 EDT 2005

Hi all,

and Keith VE7DGH, on 8/22/2005 1:22 AM wrote:

 >[DIGI_OPTIONS]
 >DIGI_ENABLED=TRUE
 >UI_ONLY=TRUE
 >ALIAS_SUBSTITUTION=TRUE
 >DUPE_SUPPESS_SECONDS=30
 >ALIAS=N2ZRC,WIDE1-1
 >UIFLOOD=WIDE                                    <
 >UITRACE=NY                                      <
 >WIDEN-N=TRUE
 >TRACEN-N=TRUE                                   <
 >SUBST_ALIAS=N2ZRC
 >EXCLUDED=""

      The above examples reflect callsign and state variables appropriate to
me, while the  "<"  points to differences between the two examples.  I want
to be able to support TRACE, so Keith's suggestion for that line would seem
valid, but wouldn't his UIFLOOD suggestion mean  that my station would be a
full-blown WIDEn-n?

      At this point, N2ZRC is operating with UI-View 2.03's Digipeater Setup
set with aliases of N2ZRC and WIDE1-1,  sub-alias of N2ZRC and has callsign
substitution enabled.  I did this as a stop-gap to eliminate RELAY from the
on-air mix, but realized that this wouldn't fully address current standards
as Bob B. and others have recommended.

      BTW, I rarely get to go through all the APRSSIG stuff anymore.   There
was a time I read virtually everything,  and was a far more active partici-
pant than now but, unfortunately, there's this little annoyance referred to
as "real life" that keeps intruding upon my time ... which explains why I'm
just getting around to responding to this  8-{)> !               73 de Arte