[aprssig] D7A

Brian Riley brianbr at mac.com
Sat Oct 22 05:05:41 EDT 2005

  I think it has been universally agree that the Kenwood supplied
PB39 NiCad is pretty lame. I usually recommend people to get the Maha
NimH PB39H replacement. There's two versions a hivoltage moderate
capacity and a 6 volt hicapacity. With the six volt version the
hipower output seems to run about 3 -3.5 watts as opposed to 5 watts
with a 7.2 or more with  9.6 volt battery. BUT, I fid if  the 3 watts
isn't enough, 5 usually isn't either and the extra capacity is awesome.

I run very often run my D7s on EL (milliwatt) or L (1 watt I think)
settings with my D700 in the truck set as a digipeater the 6v hicap
maha battery gives me hours and hours of usage.

cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
   <n1bq at wulfden.org>