[aprssig] PACCOMM TNC & WIDEn-N clarification

Brad [VE3BSM] lists.nospam at bpsmicro.com
Thu Oct 20 19:56:40 EDT 2005

>Can anybody confirm that my understanding is correct, or educate me as
>to why I'm seeing what I'm seeing? Is the next best viable option to
>look at getting UIDIGI PROMs burnt for these digis? Is UIDIGI a better
option?

I'd say so. We run this on a lot of TNC's in TX. If it's a tiny-2, or
micropower, UIDIGI just drops in. A PacComm TNC -220 may not run UIDIGI, I'm
not sure. But the majority of that brand will.

UI Digi has the advantage that after a power putage, all settings are
retained - they are in the ROM. In fact, we remove the batteries from our
digis. One less thing to go wrong.
<<<

Thanks Mark. I'll verify the exact models in use and do some Googling to see
if I can confirm UIDIGI's viability or not.

Brad.
VE3BSM