[aprssig] RE: D700 asa digi

WB4GQK at aol.com WB4GQK at aol.com
Thu Oct 20 19:05:40 EDT 2005

Hi Wes,

I find it very interesting that you can utilize the D700 in the South
Carolina National Guard. We here in the FL Army Mars have been informed we must
comply with the VHF equipment used by the military and Government services which
must meet NTIA standard for frequency stability (6 PPM) and narrow bandwidth
(11KHz MAX).

At the present time we have received a large number of Commercial MICORS
free as surplus which must have their freq changed from 150 MHz to the State MARS
and Military VHF frequencies. The MICORS come with stock stability of 5 PPM
and 10 KHz bandwidth. There is also a 2 PPM option. The MICORS are true FM
modulated and are capable of 9600 Baud operation. Of course we have to pay for the
frequency change but if the D700 meets all the other criteria requirements of
the Military and Government I personally would rather pay just a few more
dollars and purchase a D700.

I would Appreciate your comments so I can show the others in our group.

73 Jim WB4GQK/AAV4XR