[aprssig] N1547C tracker

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Oct 20 13:26:51 EDT 2005

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Ron McCoy wrote:

> I've been using UI-View32 but Xastir is sounding very interesting.
>
> I've got a spare box to play with...can you cite a "How To" on setting up
> Xastir from scratch?

How much from scratch?

I won't (not that I can't) go into installing Linux onto a box as
that's covered elsewhere.

If you want to install Xastir on Windows, that's covered in the
README.win32 document available from the Xastir home page.

If you check the binary page you'll find CD's that will let you do
the Windows install easier/faster, and even CD's that have a
runnable Linux installation with Xastir pre-installed, that won't
touch your Windows hard drive at all.

If you want to install on Linux/MacOSX/Solaris/HP-UX/FreeBSD, read
the other INSTALL and README documents there.

It's free, under the open-source GPL license.

    http://www.xastir.org