[aprssig] N1547C Aeronautical Mobile

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Oct 18 15:11:42 EDT 2005

Rahn W7DOA (is that discharged on arrival - hi?) wrote on Oct 18 2005

> I read the short article and it looks like Tim & Leigh Anne
> Delaney are the two people in the airplane. I don't find their
> names in the FCC search for a Santa Clara, CA address. I
> would guess that they are then using ham frequencies for
> non-ham transmissions. Could someone clarify that?

I thought that had been hashed out many times before and there isn't
any problem with a ham placing a tracker on an asset they wish to
track... with of course the consent of the owner if that asset happens
to be someone else's plane or vehicle etc. Dave K7GPS placed the
tracker on their plane and it was publicly announced on the NWAPRS
list. See the link that Ron mentioned earlier...
www.nwaprs.info/n1547cexpedition.htm. When I look at
www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?N1547C I plainly see Dave's callsign
mentioned in the status text. Viewing the raw data at
www.findu.com/cgi-bin/raw.cgi?call=N1547C&time=1 I see the status
text going out every so many transmissions. I would guess that it's
set for every ten transmissions, but some beacons were probably not
heard. The path of WIDE2-2 could probably be backed off to WIDE2-1 but
that's just my opinion.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH