[aprssig] APRS Field Events

Doug Ferrell kd4moj at kd4moj.org
Mon Oct 17 11:45:12 EDT 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> Please don't misunderstand me, I think I'll be a newbie until the day I die,
> but I was just wondering. In all my reading of APRS on various web sites
> I've never come across anything that said to add SCOUTS...etc to RF. There
> is a small note (not very clear) about it in the config file for APRSD.

Bob this is the simple one liner from aprsD. It's at the very bottom of
the aprsd.conf file:

#Define a list of message destination call signs or aliases
#to gate to RF full time.  Note: the CQGA example
#below is CQ GA (Georgia). Edit to suite your locale.
#Up to 64 of these may be defined. They are case sensitive.
#
msgdest2rf SCOUTS KIDS SATERN REDCROSS YOUTH MARS JOTA
#
#end

   From that example, I took out the CQGA that's i the comments above.

--