[aprssig] TXdiddle on MFJ TNCs in KISS

Patrick Green pagreen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 01:25:32 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I want to distiguish my station from others by using TXdiddle on the MFJ
TNCs. This mode is available when the TNC is acting as a TNC (not in KISS).
When the TNC is in KISS, it always reverts to the standard preamble. I
listen to radio at times at layer 1 to get a feel for what's out there and
how packets are bouncing around. Since my primary APRS device is the Kenwood
TH-D7A, I can't see paths. Is there a way to send the TXdiddle cmd to the
TNC to activate it when it's in KISS? This TNC is running KISS on a Linux
computer so sending the command would be easy.

73 de Pat --- KA9SCF.