[aprssig] UI-View Add-ons

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Oct 16 14:01:14 EDT 2005

In looking at the UI-view add-on list, there are
a number that are very specific applications and
that I would not place in the category of "adding
fundamtenal APRS functionality".  It is only the
ones that add the things in the APRS spec that
were originally left out of UIview, that I think
should be bundled.  Let the others be "add-ons"...
Bob

>>> n0yxv at gihams.org 10/14/05 5:48 PM >>>
> I am now experimenting with a second level installer that would
> sequentially execute several separate installers packed into a single
> distribution  file.   It would first execute the main UIview 2.03
> installer, and then run a second one that could install all the add-ons
> in one pass. This will probably be somewhat clunky and definitely bulky
> since multiple INSTALL.EXE utilities would be incorporated into a single
> file.

WISH LIST:

I have an older laptop running Win98 that I use a lot in the car for mobile
APRS. It would be nice if the installer would give me the option as to what
Plug-Ins I wanted to add. Some of the Plug-Ins I've tried don't give me the
option to shut them off until needed. That means that I have had to uninstall
some of the Plug-Ins to keep my little laptop running.