[aprssig] JOTA

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Oct 16 13:53:38 EDT 2005

>>> wa7nwp at jnos.org 10/14/05 3:41 PM >>>
>
>So there's going to be very little JOTA activity
>on APRS tomorrow?  I've heard of two other
>(Washington) locals going to be on.  Is that it?
>Any  howto's (hi Bob) written up for it?

OOps, got this too late (After JOTA),  but the
recommendation has always been to make sure
tht your local IGate has JOTA or SCOUTS in its
pass-to-RF always list.

Then anywhere in the world, a simple message
to SCOUTS or JOTA, gets out most everywhere.
Once you see such a message on the air, then
your station replies directly to that stations real
callsign and the  IGates automatically do the work.

Done.

de Wb4APR, Bob