[aprssig] UI-View Add-ons

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Fri Oct 14 16:38:30 EDT 2005

bruninga at usna.edu wrote:

> Would it not be a good idea (if not already done) to
> put UIview together with those excellent add-ons
> that give it some of the fundamental APRS functionality
> that are not in the original?  This way, everyone new
> that downloads UIvew, (lets call it UIview+)  would
> automatically get a program that shows them what
> APRS intended?
The main UIview program installer, since the death of it's author, is
now a sealed unchangeable "black box".  There is no way to incorporate
additional features directly into it.

I am now experimenting with a second level installer that would
sequentially execute several separate installers packed into a single
distribution  file.   It would first execute the main UIview 2.03
installer, and then run a second one that could install all the add-ons
in one pass. This will probably be somewhat clunky and definitely bulky
since multiple INSTALL.EXE utilities would be incorporated into a single
file.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:              wa8lmf
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.com