UI-View Bashing (was Re: APRS RF DX? (Was RE: [aprssig] APRS in Atlanta - flooding the network))

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 13 21:47:02 EDT 2005

I use WinAPRS and the way the information has to be
entered doesn't even give the user the chance to enter
exact information to calculate a correct PHG.  My
antenna is about 25' high and the only close entry I
can make is for 20'.  No entry between 20 and 50 feet
can be entered for my situation.  If my antenna was at
any heigth of 21 through 49 feet, I could enter 20 or
50 but not the exact entry for 35' for example.  I am
not sure about entries for higher antenna mounting.

Chris
KB8UIH