UI-View Bashing (was Re: APRS RF DX? (Was RE: [aprssig] APRS in Atlanta - flooding the network))

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Oct 12 12:08:17 EDT 2005

Bob WB4APR wrote on Oct 12 2005

> But UIview not only does not natively display PHG range circles
> on every DIGIi, it does not even provide a means to assure that
> every station includes its PHG in its beacon.  Thus most UIview
> users (most of APRS these days) are blind to the topology of the
> network and how to communicate point-to-point.

Windows doesn't natively support viewing text files but it comes with a
"better than nothing" text editor that works. I use a much improved 3rd
party text editor. OK... so UI-View doesn't "natively" display PHG circles.
SO WHAT????? There is a rather nice "add-on" that does. Do you think that
all UI-View users are too stupid to install the add-on program? It really
irks me when you make blanket statements like that. Do you perhaps think
that only users that are blind to topology gravitate to UI-View, or perhaps
ones that are less than intelligent? If you want to bash UI-View (or the
people using it) why don't you do it over on the UI-View list?

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH