[aprssig] APRS in Atlanta

Stan Coleman [NØYXV] n0yxv at gihams.org
Mon Oct 10 18:44:36 EDT 2005

If you’re sending GPS messages getting to the IGate and maybe one or two Digis
is the only thing that's important. If you’re trying to send messages from
point A to point B the IGates already know how to get the message to the other
party. Why would you want to plug up a 1200 baud RF network when you can use a
high speed internet backbone? The internet is not only faster it's (normally)
more reliable. While the RF network can have packet collisions the internet
side normally won't.

Please don't take this the wrong way I'm merely trying to get more information.
But name one connection where you NEED to use RF instead of letting the
internet help the packet along. Now assuming there are NO IGates near you then
you might have a valid reason to flood several Digi's with your signal.

--
visit us online at
www.gihams.org