[aprssig] APRS in Atlanta

Stan Coleman [NØYXV] n0yxv at gihams.org
Mon Oct 10 13:19:09 EDT 2005

YA if you use RELAY in Nebraska 95% of the time you wouldn't get Digi'd. I know
in Central Nebraska that number is 100% of the time. Since the first path _has_
to be satisfied first nothing would take your RELAY and it simply would die a
quick death. You would get lucky if you were near an IGate as they seam to take
just about anything you through at them.

Now I'm no expert but distance isn't the name of the game here. Contrary to all
other forms of Ham Radio you DON'T want you signal to go far, you just want it
to make it to the next IGate. If the nearest IGate is only 2 hops away why send
your signal 5 or 6 hops away?

--
visit us online at
www.gihams.org